Friday, July 22, 2011

Classic! There are no other words...

Today, I had the privilege of meeting the folks who do the TV series Chasing Classic Cars, and what a treat it was! Thanks Mike!
What's really funny is that, just yesterday, I had a FaceBook exchange with a friend (Andrea, who happens to be in the luxury real estate business in California...so it fits here) who posted something about her "man's" collector 1970 Chevelle SS. She was boasting about it being a featured vehicle at an upcoming Russo & Steele Auction...which is pretty cool...alright...VERY cool. The funny thing is that another one of her friends thought this was the car that Starsky and Hutch drove...NOT...it was a Grand Torino...not nearly as cool a car!
So...like I was saying, I met the folks from Chasing Classic Cars and what did they have in their collection?(which is for sale BTW...just ask me for the details) Yup...a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 completely restored to perfection! This is true American muscle at it's best!
I spent quite some time wandering the lot and checking out the shop where they had several projects in various stages of restoration...what a treat for an enthusiast! There was everything from a '67 Austin Healey 3000 to an'06 Aston Martin Vantage but the coolest vehicle I had the privilege of looking at ("please don't touch!" which is NOT a request BTW) was a 1937 Bugatti Atlantic ...it was 100 degrees outside and I didn't even notice...can you say kid in a candy shop!?
Anyway...I thought the whole thing was pretty coincidental and amusing that I had not chatted with Andrea in a while, and twice in as many days, I come across two amazing '70 Chevelle SS 454's...now that's a good couple of days!
Drop me a note if you want more info on any of these beauties...I promised the guys I wouldn't mention any prices, but can certainly help anyone who is truly interested privately.

'Til next time...happy motoring!

SkipJack

No comments:

Post a Comment